Translate

February 06, 2013

Inspiration and illness


I'm ill. I hate being ill. So to distract myself from barely being able to leave my bed I've been working on a bit of a dream home project. So here as some inspirational photos and what I like out of them. Apologies to anyone that's photos I've stolen, I haven't been able to post links to blogs because they're a combination of pictures I've stolen from pinterest and google that were unfortunately not linked to blogs. Quite annoying as I hate not being able to give credit where it's due.


I'm loving the wall colour and counter top in this. The cabinet colour is a bit too dark for my taste.

As above, the wood is a bit dark. I love the entire style but I'd like the wood to be more of a medium or light wood.

This looks a bit cluttered so I'd want some extra/hidden storage But I love how light and airy it is. And I love how big the bath is!

I'm in love with this bathroom! I'd like a bit more colour on the walls. Maybe that pale greeny blue from earlier and paler tiles on the floor and I'd stick a bit of storage under the sink but other than that it's perfect!

I love the layout of this room. It's almost like it has two areas. The sleeping area and the big play area. I also love how the walls and floor are plain and sophisticated and the room is made "childish" with the use of accessories, which will make it easier for the room to mature as your children do!

I love that there is a huge blackboard wall for the children to be creative and artistic on. 

This room is very similar to the idea I had in my head. A bit of wallpaper for a feature wall, neutral walls for the rest of the room and then letting the accessories make the room childlike. Although I was planning on having a normal bed and then a pop up tent or a fort on the other side of the room for playing in. (I like to keep playing and bed slightly seperated.

I'm completely in love with this sink and the curtain underneath. When I was growing up I spent a lot of time at my Nan's and she had a traditional farmhousey cottage and she had one of these curtains. Underneath the cats and dog would sometimes hide and in winter her tortoises would hibernate in there box where the cold and hot pipes get them the perfect temperature. In fact, sometimes they wouldn't even hibernate properly haha. It's such a fond memory of my childhood that I'd love to continue it!

I love the colours of this kitchen. Especially the way in the background under the arch you can see the white tiles but look to the side and there are cream and brown tiles to tie in with the rest of the kitchen.

The colours are light and airy but not too plain, and has a slightly traditional feel to it which is what I'm looking for.

Now admittedly this kitchen is a little more modern but I can't but love it. The way the counters, floor and dining table set all sort of match. The white cabinets and creamy white walls keep it light and spacious but I especially love how they've popped a random mix of blue tiles in to give it a splash of colour without over doing it.

I love the darkish bottom cabinets, the butchers block counter tops, the sink and the walls with their little shelves. God I just love the whole thing! This is my dream kitchen!!!

I love the mix of traditional and modern in this room. The wooden floor and painted fireplace, the sofas are modern. The mantle piece and walls, the art work are so traditional. I love it!

This is slightly more modern but still a nice little bit of traditional thrown in. The art work and fireplace in particular.

This master bedroom is just gorgeous. Very traditional cottagey feel. Reminds me quite a lot of my Nan's place!

This is my dream bedroom. Perfect combination of modern and traditional!


Another one of the bathrooms I had a look at. I adore it :) Other than wanting to add more storage (the shelf looks so cluttered!) it's perfect!

Once I'm back on my feet I'll be snapping lots of pictures for you to show you my before rooms and getting to work on making my little home gorgeous :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment